The University of Oklahoma Bands faculty and staff fully support your objective to get a degree that will prepare you for success in your chosen career field! However, we also have to make sure that the performance level of the ensembles are not compromised in the process.
Please recognize that your absence from band class impacts everyone in the ensemble, and missing band class is an absolute last resort. We will only approve class conflicts under the following conditions:
- The class conflict' s must not exceed 2 hours of missed band per week (equivalent to 1 band class period/rehearsal).
- Requests can span multiple days, but requests exceeding the 2 hour limit will not be approved.
- The conflicting class must be a degree specific requirement within the student's declared major.
- We will not approve a Gen-Ed course, i.e. Math, English, History, etc.
- The conflicting class must not be offered at another time.
- We will not approve a class conflict if it is possible for you to rearrange your schedule in order to take the course at another time and be present at band.